Electrical System Maintenance
Something most people let slip their minds is residential electrical maintenance. Just like businesses pay special attention to their electrical services and have them inspected often to ensure safety, homeowners should also have occasional electrical system maintenance.
Your home, and business if you have one, are some of your biggest investments. It’s important to protect them with the best electrical system maintenance in the Bay County area. Panama City Electric puts customers first. We’re built on the principles of integrity, safety and excellence, ensuring our customers are satisfied and our work is high-quality.
With our electrical maintenance contractors, you can expect:
- Warranties on all services and repairs
- Emergency electrical repairs and 24/7 availability
- 35+ years of experience and professionalism
- Friendly, prompt and knowledgeable electricians
- Free quotes on fairly estimated services (excludes troubleshooting)
- High-quality customer service
Signs It’s Time for Electrical Maintenance
Electricity is an important part of our lives, especially with today’s technology. Understanding how dangerous electricity can be is important to take the right steps to keep your system maintained for years to come. Poor maintenance on your system can lead to more problems, increased risk for fires and higher risk for electrocution. Below are some simple steps you can take to be aware of signs your system needs electrical maintenance in Panama City:
- Clean around your electrical panels, keeping them free of dirt and dust. Nothing should be within three feet of your electrical panel – in case of a fire. The dust in or around your electrical panel can catch fire if the panel heats up, leaving you with a problem that could have been avoided. If, while cleaning, you notice your electrical panel is warm or hot, consult one of our professionals to ensure nothing is wrong with your system.
- Keep your outlets clean, and free the space around them. If something cloth, like a blanket or pillow, gets close to an outlet and a spark occurs, it could easily catch on fire. Similar to your electrical panel, if your outlets are warm to the touch or you can see visible burn marks, turn the breaker off for that specific outlet – and contact an electrician immediately.
- If your home has older wiring, it’s a good idea to have a yearly inspection. Yearly inspections will give you peace of mind your system is working properly and no wires on damage or at risk of causing a fire. If your system does have issues, problems can be caught in the early stages, keeping you from having major issues later. Our 50-point home inspections will keep you involved every step of the way and leave you with a full report to refer back to at a later time.
As we touched on above, your older home’s electrical wiring can be the main point of electrical issues. Wiring that is older or done incorrectly can pose serious fire hazard risks. Don’t attempt to replace or repair wiring on your own. Contact our Panama City Electric experts to help you update your wiring with a new system or repair damaged wiring. If you’re unsure of whether or not to replace your home’s wiring, we can help guide you along the right path for your family and home’s needs. Electrical maintenance is important and can save you thousands of dollars in costly repairs. Contact us today to ensure your home’s safety.